Saturday, July 18, 2009

About me


I believe I have a calling to be a spiritual leader, in the form of a church pastor. My personal spiritual journey has been long and difficult.

As a young girl I became a Christian Universalist after a healing experience. It changed my life forever, but raised many, many questions. I had a difficult time coming to terms with the benevolent God I knew in my heart, with the damnation and hellfire God I'd learned about in church. I could never merge the two, and just quite trying after a while. I always, always kept my spirituality and love of God though.

Now that I've experienced life as a wife, and mother of six, I've gained some life experience, that God is now trusting me, to call me to my place of service.

I'm not your cookie-cutter pastor though. In fact, I'm seriously outside the box! :)

John 15:16 says
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

I have a heartfelt desire to serve God, and my fellow man. Here are some scripture I am committed to keeping...

1Timothy 5:20 says
A person who desires to oversee a congregation desires a good thing.

1Timothy 3:1-7
says
But he must not think he is going to be "someone important" and rule his brethren.

Matthew 20:25-28
says
Starting a congregation is a commitment to serving, not a "higher spiritual status."
I am a wife to Robert and mom to Matteo, Nicko, Zander, Zoie, Lilly, Xane. I like to joke around, I'm an avid romance reader and love watching Spongebob, I'm not winning any bible memorization contests. I'm a real person who makes mistakes. I'm imperfect, and not a likely candidate for being a pastor. I think that is exactly why God chose me for this mission. I look forward to serving you in this role. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment